Our vision at Get Active Cornwall is a county where everyone no matter what their age, disability or background has the opportunity to be active in a safe effective environment.
In delivering this vision we have created these pages to help support you whether are an individual with a disability or of an older age find an activity suitable for you or whether you are an organisation looking to deliver activity for these target groups.
Everyone should be able to find support; hot tips and relevant links to specialist organisations that will help you get active or improve your delivery to a certain group.
If you are looking for activity that is suitable for your needs please use our activity search and filter the search for activities relevant to your needs.
If you are a provider looking to offer activities for a certain groups please register your sessions and select the box relevant to your target audience.
We encourage all providers to consider the ‘5 ways to wellbeing' and the role sport and physical activity can play in improving the wellbeing in others:
1. Connect - Do you connect with the people around you? With family, friends, colleagues and neighbours? At home, work, school or in your local community? Do you think this is a very important part of your life and spend time doing it?
2. Take Notice - Are you curious? Do you remark on the unusual or notice the changing seasons? Do you savour the moment, whether you are walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends? Are you aware of the world around you and how you are feeling?
3. Be Active - Do you go for a walk or run? Cycle? Play a game? Do some gardening? Dance? Does doing exercise make you feel good?
4. Keep Learning - Do you try things new? How about rediscovering an old interest? Have you signed up for a course? Have you taken on a different responsibility at work? Have you learnt to play a musical instrument or learnt how to cook your favourite food? Have you set a challenge that you will enjoy achieving?
5. Give - Have you done something nice for a friend, or a stranger? Maybe thanked someone? Do you smile and volunteer your time? Are you a member or part of a community group?
As these pages are new and we look to grow our work within these areas please let us know how you have got on and especially if you can't find what you are looking for as we would love to hear from you - email@example.com